If you would like to add some extra information to your referral, you can achieve this by adding an internal note, or by sending a message to the provider or referrer.
What is a Message?
A message is how the referrer and the provider can communicate back and forth from within the referral.
To start, navigate to Referrals and choose your Inbox or Outbox. Using the 3-dot menu, select Message.
- The referrer might let the provider know that the registrant has a dog in the house, or smokes.
- The referrer might let the provider know the correct address and postal code if they made a mistake.
- The provider might communicate to the referrer that the registrant's phone number is incorrect.
What is a Note?
A note is a one-way record of additional referral details. It's one-way because there isn't a back and forth between two parties. It's added by one user and not able to be responded to by another, unless it's an intra-agency private discussion. Neither user receives an email notification about a note, it simply adds a Note icon in either their inbox or outbox to indicate more information has been added.
To start, navigate to Referrals and choose your Inbox or Outbox. Using the 3-dot menu, select Note.
- Where can you view it? Parent or Child Referral
- Who can add one? Either the referral sender or receiver.
- Who can view it? ONLY users at the author’s agency
- When can you view it? Regardless of which referral (parent or child) that the note is added to, it will be visible at both once submitted.
- Where can you view it? Within the referral the provider adds it to (one of parent or child referral)
- Who can add one? User who received the referral.
- Who can view it? Employees of the agency + anyone who has access to view the PHI of the referral (such as the referral sender)
- When can you view it? Once the provider adds it to the referral, the sender can automatically view it in the outbox.
- Internal: You (the provider) add a note reminder to follow up with the client for additional information, such as their email.
- Internal: An intake staff member at your agency adds a note regarding the caregiver for the final provider i.e. caregiver has indicated they are best reached in the morning.
- Standard: Provider may add information regarding the referral such as "Thanks for the referral. Next time please include client's diagnosis in the comments box."